Saturday 3 January 2015

Get to know us: Adam E Justice-Mills


What better way to start the New Year than by us introducing ourselves to you? Starting from today, we will publish a series of mini-interviews with our artist so that you can get to know us a bit better. Today's turn is Adam E Justice-Mills who is a photographer, drawer, and painter.




  •        What was the first piece of art you remember making?

I remember making a geometric painting which I was doing in a simple way when I was about 6 or 7, but when the painting was finished, I couldn't think how it worked, as it came out very tri-dimensional and I remember being fascinated by the fact that it worked, as a piece of art in a way I wasn't expecting to, and I couldn't work out why. I wish I could remember what the painting was!!

  •     If you were an animal, what would you be?

That is a hard question. I’d like to be a hippopotamus because they are cute and scary.

  •         An indulgence

My indulgence is largely chocolate, that is something I really like to indulge in, especially the 75 to 85% variety….Chocolate and a good book.

  •         When making art, what is your biggest mind block?

I suppose, probably not being very clear about what you want to say in the art…taking it too seriously also can affect the process.

  •         Favourite place in East Finchley?

Probably Amici’s, I like it here.

  •      What inspires you to make more art?

Well 2 things; one is if I am about to do a show and I haven’t got anything and that is quite a push, and the other thing is when I see other people doing stuff and I think I would like to give it a try. 

  •      How did you got involved in the East Finchley Open?

I got roped in to an event and after the event I was asked if I wanted to do it again and here we are 10 years later!

  •       What is your fondest memory of London?

Going to see Sound of Music in a big cinema, that was lovely experience.

  • What are you doing at the moment?


I am busy trying to combine music, sound and memory into my art.


To learn more about Adam's art, simply click here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment